Footfall and Codata method: complementary data
In order to always provide its users with more data, Codata partnered up with an external provider of footfall data.
Combined with data produced by Codata, footfall data meet the daily needs of retail and commercial real estate professionals, notably in terms of research and analysis.
Available for each Location located in a “shopping street” site in France, footfall data allows you to:
- Compile accurate and qualitative presentation or commercialization reports
- Easily determine the commercial potential and the attractiveness of a Location
- Analyse and characterise traffic around a Location
- Carry out analyses in order to accelerate the commercialization of your assets
- Identify areas exposed to competition
- Optimise your network: choose a new location or relocate some shops
- Define the profile of passers-by
Several types of information are available to carry out analyses based on footfall around a location:
- Distribution of pedestrian crossings per hour (total number of visits and number of unique visits)
- Distribution of the total flow (pedestrians and cars) by socio-professional category
- Distribution of the total flow (pedestrians and cars) by age and gender
- IRIS from which passers-by come from: residents or workers
- Names of the IRIS
Visualising footfall in the Codata cartographic interface
The Codata cartographic interface provides several ways to display footfall to visualise your searches on precise and downloadable plans.
Several types of searches can be consulted:
- Following the fluctuation of footfall per hour in a heatmap
- Displaying the IRIS from which passers-by come from: residents or workers